Looking to finish the interior of your pole building? Pole Barns Direct offers several options for you to consider.
Metal Liner Panel
- Metal panels installed on walls and/or ceiling (similar to exterior siding panels)
- Typically white, but other colors are available
- Metal is already finished – no additional sanding or painting required
- Can be brushed or lightly sprayed off with water to clean
- Reflects light for brighter work space
- Not as easy to hang cabinets, etc.
- Noise reduction may be needed for shop-type environments with loud machinery/tools (Perforated ceiling liner can help with noise)
- The metal ribs every 9” limit where outlets and light switches can be installed
OSB or Wood Paneling
- Typically installed on walls only, with metal liner panel on ceiling (or another ceiling finish can be used)
- Can be painted or stained the color of your choice
- Easy to hang cabinets, hooks, etc. on walls to maximize storage
- Flat surface allows outlets and switches to be installed almost anywhere
- Provides some sound absorption for loud environments (more than metal)
- Needs painted/stained after installation
- Not water tolerant
- Not as easily cleaned
- Not as durable as metal
- Pole Barns Direct typically installs batt insulation in walls (R-19) and blown-in insulation in ceilings (R-30 or R-38).
- These types of insulation require wall and ceiling covering.
- There are other options for pole building insulation out there. If you choose to work with a different contractor for your insulation, be sure to let your Pole Barns Direct designer know what you’re considering – this can affect how your pole building needs to be constructed.
You can also combine more than one type of finish on the interior of your pole building. For example, you can install metal on the bottom portion of walls (similar to a wainscot look), then OSB at the top for hanging cabinets, etc.
Other finish options may be available – ask one of our pole building specialists to learn more.
Interior Finish Idea Gallery
Check out the photos below to see how some of our customers have finished the interior of their Pole Barns Direct building.